Guys, this is a rowdy one. Chelsea was on point last night! We’re looking at your shoes.
What do you think of the mics? I prefer them to the lav mics.
“Shoes. What are they? Where do they come from?” “That is not what we’re talking about today.”
Chelsea is trying to ferret out you fetishists.
Next week is “tree.” Singular? Who knows. “They tend to hang out in groups.”
Do you want to write for our blog? Please? Learn how to spell my name, then send me your pitches to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Photoshop book is moving along. If you haven’t already, pre-order it at http://northrup.photo/product/photoshop-essentials/ it’ll never be this inexpensive again!
- Lightroom CC and Camera Raw update
- Fujifilm X-Pro2 sdp.io/xpro2 for those of you who wear bikinis
- Olympus PEN F sdp.io/penf if you are old and artsy
Ok, let’s see your shoes:
- a pick right off the bat for this horseshoe
- no matter how you cut it, crampon is a funny word
- Tony tells a story about how to attempt to steal mismatched shoe sizes. Christina Perez, you’re on notice.
- “like some kind of slutty clown“
- no one else mentioned this woman’s yellow Hitler mustache
- “the only reason you put something on a post is if you’re about to shoot it”
- “punk club”
- “that sounds funny” “nope, it wasn’t funny”
- one still shoe
- good lighting
- “everyone’s just going cool places with their shoes”
- good one, Andy Shields!
Let’s ask your questions:
- Tony: android or iOS?
- send Tony some size 10.5 shoes
- speedlights with wireless receivers? Yes.
- Rode Broadcaster mics (sponsor us!)
- ooooh no she didn’t
Portfolio review! Great work, pare down your photos, pare down your categories.
And back to me for some questions:
- how to make still life photos more interesting
- inadvertent Camera Raw smack talk!
- mad Chelsea is the best Chelsea
Back to shoes:
- “what? Invisible Dad? A movie circa 1980-something?”
- lovely traditional Pakistani shoes
- the rapture
- “oh gosh, I’m gonna get an email”
- “those shoes are about to whittle a duck for their grandchild”
Chit-Chat “this is the part of the show where we don’t… even care anymore”
- flat earthers. Ugh. Here’s a ten minute rant about why the earth isn’t flat. Seriously guys? Why is this even happening?
- “so what you’re saying is I can’t trust clouds?”
- crop factor. I hate you. Thanks for backing us up, filmmaker IQ.
- “good video! your hair looks fake! haha!”
- People are real into Tony’s gray hair
- “overall … nice boobs !!!”
- “yes, I’m anatomically a woman, leave me alone”
- “what about the Lightroom video convinced you of my heterosexuality?”
- “Squarespace. They pay me to talk about what makes Tony look gay”
Now to another portfolio. Change up your format, separate your blog from your portfolio. Figure out your formatting, there are blank spaces and duplicates. What’s your goal with your portfolio?
Back to me:
- people love being intimidated by Chelsea and me
- “if he has a good incest-dar I’m in REAL trouble”
- Canon 70-200 f/2.8 is Tony’s favorite lens
- David Lachapelle
- no, we don’t look at shutter actuations
- how to shoot indoors in low light
- are third party camera batteries worth the risk? No.
- change your color space to CMKY and save for web with your Squarespace portfolio photos
- what do you listen to when you edit? I will give you so many podcast recommendations if you want them. Hit me up.
Ok, back to your shoes:
- find Chelsea’s secret recordings online somewhere
And that’s our show! Next week show us a tree.