Self portraits! We love seeing your faces. Next week’s subject is night photography. If you want to vote on our live theme each week, donate to our Patreon! You get to see videos early, vote on our live show topics, and more.
First up, photo news:
- don’t be a thief, you turkey. Especially from an incredibly famous photographer. Souvid Datta, you’re on blast.
- B&H is still being shady as hell, they settled their latest lawsuit and moved their warehouse
Let’s look at some of your photos:
- you get a pick and you get a pick and you get a pick!
- lovely double exposure
- duckface selfie in Switzerland
- dramatic lighting
- lactose free “milk, can you believe these dank memes?”
- “you seem to be very friendly, your dog seems to be fine with this”
- double exposure
- spot color got a pick?!
- Les Paul selfie
- microwave “5 stars for the picture and the clean microwave. He probably covers his plate, Tony”
- cool light painting
- Daniel, you are not any of these women
- Danny tho, you win
- shaving regret
- selfie-ing since 1976
- look out behind you!
- Jim called them out
- tree panorama
Over to me for your questions:
- Bev Miller is the VIP of the night
- as people are getting used to smart phone focal length, should you use it for wedding photography or avoid it? It’s not that flattering for portraits and the style won’t be timeless. Avoid the common.
- Chelsea is the selfie master of the two
- any tips to avoid distortion from the atmosphere when shooting over long distances? Dehaze. Shorter exposures and timing.
- best way to take self portraits? Use a stand in to focus, use a timer or remote trigger with the intervelometer. Use the wi-fi app for your camera and use the remote app on your phone! And use a higher f-stop.
Time for a portfolio. The Light Majestic, Natasha Haggard. Stunning landscapes, great light and color. Add a photo of yourself to your about me page! You have a few duplicates you could take out, but otherwise you are killing it.
Time for chit-chat, where you say things and we judge you:
- Tony was genetically engineered to be a medical ad
- this photo always shows up in ads for boner pills
- staged fake lighting, shills
- fafin’ about
- but we’re also Sony bashers
- sorry, our stream died for a few minutes while Chelsea ranted about ISO
- the cure for G.A.S. is F.A.R.T
Back to photos:
- friendly face
- reading a book
- Kyle and a waterfall
- somehow another gorgeous spot color?
- car selfie
- “oh no, he’s dead!”
- “oh, you don’t know what guilt is, that makes sense. Tony, it’s when you feel bad about bad things you’ve done.”
- spiral face
- baby grab
- very creative
- Tony upsets every nerd
- “is that a dinosaur rib?”
- sharp eye
- are you okay?
- so many picks, help
- good composition
- album cover
- “that’s a guy who hugs you when he greets you, right?”
- be careful, TJ!
- lovely b&w
- I got a pick!
- gritty as heck
- candid expression
And that’s our show! Join us next week for night photography.