We’re back! Well, kind of. Chelsea got sick in Thailand and between that and jet-lag, she had to cut out before the live show. So Tony held it down solo this week, with the help of Justin and me of course.
We looked at your “lines” photos, and there were some great ones. Next week we’ll be looking at your long exposures.
We enabled “super chat” on YouTube which is very weird. You can pay to have your comment highlighted, and the more you pay the longer it stays up, supposedly.
Okay, we get into your photos here, I’ll highlight Tony’s picks below:
Over to me with your questions:
- in short lighting, do you focus on the closest eye or the brightest eye? The closest.
- how could a beginner get sponsored for travel photography? A beginner could not. You’d need a lot of experience and tens of thousands of Instagram followers.
Now to chit-chat, the part of the show where you say dumb things to us and we make fun of you.
- why does Tony always look like he just got out of the shower?
- do you fall asleep to camera overviews? “Tony the living sleeping pill”
- HDR hate
- 90’s choker trend
- Tony should dye his hair
Ok, time to look at a portfolio! Way too long of an intro to that video, but good job bringing in the action. Gorgeous film reel! Maybe try a different layout for your photos, square crop doesn’t work with everything. Beautiful shots. Tony discriminates against left-handed people, so good job leading with that.
We get back into your photos here:
- long exposure
- background through glass
- Tony calls this barn blue…
- leading lines
- stop dying on train tracks
- perfect focal point
- wedding veil
Back to me for some questions:
- what would be your perfect camera? You can see his answer here. The closest so far is the Sony a99 II.
Back to your photos:
- Eiffel Tower
- get a fog plan!
- chem trails
- now that’s a fog plan!
- hula hoop
- Tony gives another picture!
- more fog!
- bird on a post
- train from above
Last questions from me:
- how much scouting do you do before traveling? A lot! Google Earth is a great resource, looking at other photographers shots from the same place, hire a model in advance.
- there’s a Northrup Photo sub-reddit, if you’re a redditor.
- congrats, Jim!
And that is our show! Whoo, Tony deserves all the beer for that one. Thanks for watching, and join us next week for your long exposures as well as the triumphant return of Chelsea.