Happy Cinco de Mayo! It’s not a real holiday. America loves to steal culture as an excuse to get drunk during the week.
Anyway! We’re looking at your fashion photos this week, and some of you nailed it! Some of you tried to sneak in regular portraits, or really nice shots that weren’t fashion! I didn’t let lots of those in.
- The “affordable” Leica M-D
- We are borrowing the Canon 1DX II sdp.io/1DX2 you’ll see our video on it soon
- Phantom 4 quadcopter sdp.io/P4. We’ll be testing it out in California in a few weeks.
Ok, we get into your fashion photos here, these are our notable submissions:
- garbage bag dress
- contrast (good for next week!)
- monster street fashion
- great studio shot (by our friend and blogger Anushila)
- fashion/product of ties
- go see Best in Show. And by go see it I mean rent it somewhere because it’s old.
- great catalog shot
- “It seems like one thumb through the belt loop is the most you can do in a photo” “Sometimes you have to push the limits. That’s fashion!”
- click here to hear Chelsea’s incredible British accent
- great photo story “I’m gonna give it a pick. But tell her she can do better.”
- lean back, lean back, lean back lean back lean back
- this one is just crazy awesome
Let’s go over to me for your questions:
- How do you pose for fashion? Frame the object/garment or post naturally? Depends on the model and what you’re shooting.
- When would you use exposure compensation? When a subject is backlit, to expose for the subject. You should be using automatic shutter speed otherwise.
- Where’d you get your shirt, Tony? You look fresh.
Okay over to a portfolio review. Great portfolio, Vladimir! No real feedback.
Now to Chit-Chat!
- we got complimented!
- Chelsea is into Tony! Ewwww.
- Nathan For You is conflicting
Okay, back to photos:
- “I would be her friend because she doesn’t give a shit about me”
- “Not putting your arms in your sleeves? The best way to be fashionable.”
- white hair don’t care
- “5 stars just because this girl is my spirit animal”
- dog fashion for the win
- “this is a picture people will look back at and be like ‘this is a hipster‘”
- ‘nother fashion dog
- scarf lady
- great iphone shot
- awesome Janet Jackson-reminiscent
- “this guy made mistakes- pick!”
- Taylor Swift
- Ghost Dad
- vape life
- great street fashion
- everyone looks like someone- Lady Gaga
- crazy makeup lady from Hunger Games
And that’s our show! Next week’s topic is “high contrast!” So make it work, people.