Hey y’all! We reviewed your night photos this week, and they were delightful as always. Tony and Chelsea will be away next week, so we’ll see you in two weeks with the topic “abandoned.” If you want to vote on our topic each week, donate to our Patreon!
You cannot, I repeat CANNOT, donate $50 to call me or $100 to snuggle with Justin.
Let’s get into your photos. I’ll highlight our picks below:
- car at sunset
Over to me for some questions/comments from the viewers:
- Tony is making someone’s weird list of hot silver-haired men
Okay, back to photos:
- “Rubin! Oh, that makes me hungry”
- “I think you’ve watched more horror movies than done camping”
Back to me:
- how would you expose for a campfire portrait? Expose for your subject, clip the highlights a bit, do a lot of work in post.
- opinions on funeral photography? If it’s cultural, that’s cool. If you’re doing it as a weird exploitative thing, don’t? “It’s my art, violating everyone!”
Back to photos:
Time for a portfolio review! John Shedwick, that sheep got us. Gorgeous landscapes, the GPS coordinates are a really cool feature. T&C are trying to adopt you, or slap you. Your portfolio is wonderful!
Time for chit-chat, where you say things and we say things back.
- stick to your hair color videos
- oh, men make violent comments about women in videos on the internet? Maybe manage your anger better.
- do you ever fight about whose name is mentioned first? No, we just constantly swap them, confusing everyone.
Back to me for your questions:
- Thanks so much, Jerome! If you own our book, Stunning Digital Photography, you can join our private Facebook group and get help from thousands of other photographers.
- any particular photography genre you don’t like to shoot? Weddings for Chelsea, nothing for Tony. Justin hasn’t done enough to know. I don’t like shooting landscapes.
Back to photos:
- this one is insane
- Burning Man, my nightmare. “I think you’re just supposed to drop acid and make friends.”
- Boston skyline
- chilly bin
- “woah, is it the Eiffel Tower?”
- postcard worthy
- so brave
- tail lights
Back to me with your questions:
- how to get great photos when it’s overcast? Take portraits!
- how to keep your camera stable on a boat? Freeze the water, literally. Or use a faster shutter speed.
- how do you pick your photography style (genre)? You don’t have to! Unless you go pro, the market will decide for you.
- how’s the G5 holding up? And what is your favorite lens for it? It’s doing great. The Sigma 18-35 f/1.8 and a Metabones speedbooster.
Back to your photos:
- spooky dragon
- “call your mom!”
- “I always stalk, it’s my nature”
- self portrait
- Eiffel Tower
- Mexican Revolution
- crazy panorama
- fog plan
Back over to me:
- I’m the ballerina’s allegro
- what techniques do pro photographers shy away from? HDR, fake solar flare, too much clarity.
- would you review some of the new camera phones? We’ve thought about it.
- Tony’s hot bod
Back to your photos before we wrap up:
- “I thought maybe it was fake” “you’re fake”
- “oh, she’s gonna eat it. I’d rather have a cheeseburger”
- Top Gun!
- Tony Soprano!
- Eiffel Tower is killing it tonight
- this one would work for next show’s topic
We did it!
Here’s one last question from you all:
- and I will direct you to sdp.io/whichcamera for all your camera recommendation needs
See you in two weeks for “abandoned”!