We’re back! This week we reviewed your landscapes, and as always, y’all showed up.
We have a Patreon now, so if you’d like to support us (please) you can do it at patreon.com/northrup. We’ll come up with some higher donation tiers, but none of them will be talking to me on the phone.
Our GH5 review is coming up!
Let’s get right into your pictures:
- b&w? Infrared?
- “what are we gonna do? Have rules and loose guidelines?”
- “I feel like this mountain has a cool name like Armadillerback”
- here’s the link to that video about ND filters
- epic battle
- everyone watch Arrested Development, it’s perfect
- here’s the video on eliminating fringing
- fog plan
- John Mayfield!
- “this is about Jesus” “and a dog”
- “if you ever go borg, would you put a histogram in your eyes?”
- I think they forgot to give picks for a while
Over to me for your questions:
- how to you make a landscape look original and not boring? Shoot during interesting whether, change your time of day, add an interesting element. Repetition.
- how long have you been shooting? How long together? Have your styles changed? Yes, their style has changed together, they’ve been shooting together as long as they’ve known each other. Tony’s been shooting for about 20 years, Chelsea has been casually since high school.
Time for a portfolio full of dogs! *Justin does not kick dogs. Dogs are perfect and we don’t deserve them. Fred, your work is lovely, but bump up your exposure a bit. Maybe add a photo of yourself to your “about me” page unless you are, in fact, a dog.
Another portfolio! Tommi, that’s a great lizard. Your photos are great, maybe choose a different layout that doesn’t lose your photos. Tommi, your email address is crazy long.
More questions from me:
- money comments!
- we will not give away gear, maybe prints, not music, maybe drawings.
- has Tony ever integrated a Raspberry Pi into photography? No. Chelsea has integrated real raspberry pie.
Back to pictures:
- lonely island
- “my old Erlend is dead to me now”
- dark waterfall
- “you did it Brian, everyone loves you now”
- “sure, it’s off the chain”
Time for chit-chat! The part of the show where you say weird/mean/dumb things and we respond.
- could you explain what are the things you mentioned? No?
- do you two always have to skip my pictures? Yes, toadally.
- was Chelsea screaming for blood during the hockey fight? Probably.
- Zach from Banana Republic sold Tony a shirt
- we’re in a live show loop. Bananas. Join our Patreon and vote for topics! “Kyle has like, the most beautiful banana. Please don’t quote me.”
Back to your photos:
More questions from youuuu:
- Tony, FAA blah blah blah? He only thought about himself.
- lenses for Sony apsc sensors? They need more native lenses. Metabones adapters help.
Back to photos:
- “Bill Dyson? Is that the vacuum guy?”
- cliff tree
- northern lights
- another rainbow
- very small
- small but mighty
- tiny church
Back to me for some last questions:
- what do you think about borders on photos? It can work.
- if you had $1000 to get into landscape gear, would you get a camera or a drone first? Camera. A drone can be limiting.
- how long did it take to get the peanut butter and jelly out from under your nails? 2 days.
- what do we like on pizza? Depends on where you go! Tony likes a buffalo chicken. I like white pizzas, particularly a barbecue chicken, bacon. Pepe’s pizza in New Haven is the best. Chelsea likes some weird one with pistachio on it.
Tony and Chelsea had to go to kickball. Amir get’s a shout out for this lovely shot. “That looks like a unicorn frappucino up in there.”
Join us next week for your creative self-portraits! We want to see yer faces.