Oops, accidental cold intro! Ignore that!
This week we looked at your smartphone photos, and they are great! Gear snobs, take a week off.
Next week we’ll be looking at your photos of complementary colors, keep a look out on our blog here for a post about color theory coming up!
This cardinal looks like a hipster if you squint.
Subscribe to our channel! We’re almost at 500,000.
Let’s start with some photo news, new lenses announced by Sony:
- Sony 50mm f/1.8 for $250 sdp.io/fe50f18
- Sony 70-300mm f/4.5/5.6 for $1,200 sdp.io/fe300
- Sony RX10 III 24-600mm f/2.4-f/4 $1,500 sdp.io/rx10iii
Tony and Chelsea are on to you, Sony! Your claims are silly.
Okay, let’s look at your photos:
- double rainbow
- “can you move your dad’s head?”
- beer bottle?
- look at all dem puppies “they’re alive, right?”
- Windows desktop?
Over to me for one of your questions:
- what smartphone do you use and what apps do you use on it for photography? Chelsea has an iPhone 6s and uses Snapseed, Instagram, and PicCollage. Tony has a Samsung S7 Edge which has a great camera. Tony’s given Lightroom mobile a second chance and it works much better than before.
Back to photos!
- Maya is a very talented girl, we’ll look at her portfolio later
- bee in flower
- jet engine
Back over to me, since Justin hung up on me before:
- how to sell prints and make money on your work? You don’t! You really have to build a name for yourself before your work sells. Even then you won’t get much.
- show themes? Suggest some!
Over to a portfolio, Adrian Larios Photography. That dog pic! Move your best photos to the start of the slideshow, get rid of some of the candids. Lead with commercial work.
The talk about portfolios for a few minutes. Then about our friend Erkki‘s love of pain as evidenced by his using Wordpress.
Contact me if you want to write for our blog! firstname.lastname@example.org
Back to your photos, we have a ton so we go through them quick:
- 3 second exposure?
- breakfast! Chelsea rates that while Tony and Justin talk about photography.
- “look at these people about to die”
- another great bee macro
- sidewalk fire
- Mt. Hood
- “if we pause on your photo it’s the ultimate compliment”
- castle sunrise
- downtown Houston
- waterfall image stack
- ‘nother pier
- beautiful light
- this war eagle
Back over to me for your question:
- 3 year business plan? Photoshop book, travel show on TV. That’s about it!
Now for a favorite old segment, Stop It! where we look at your embarrassing photos. sdp.io/stopit to submit your own! Chelsea likes them all. Just watch the whole thing, it’s a delight. Bear penis, robo-selfie, romantic night alone? This beautiful fairy is my personal fave. We’d be friends with this kid. “I feel like you were on peyote for a minute there.”
Ok, let’s look at our young friend Maya’s portfolio! A very talented lady. Not too many images, a print store, all in all a great port! Also, she’s funny.
Chit-Chat! You say mean things, we read them and pick on you.
- no, we don’t have time to edit your photos for you. Or camera shop for you, or watch your dog.
- freaking Sony weirdos
- Tony Northrup is a porn name? Hardly.
Back to me for some great questions:
- if you could be a sentient camera what would you be and who would you have use you? Tony would be a workhorse with a scratched lens and Chelsea would be spastic.
- if you had an unlimited budget, what camera and lens combo would you get? “I’m not that turned on by giant files”
- weatherproof tripods? No idea. Wellies?
- informal event shooting? Be stealthy, shoot candid.
Okay, back to your photos. So many:
- right off the bat, great one of Manhattan
- boat and cliffs
- great abstract
- Chelsea sings Whitesnake
- peaceful lady
- horse kiss
That corgi yawn was stolen from the internet. Chelsea’s joke was stolen from dads everywhere.
Back over to me for your last few questions:
- our new segment: dinosaur chat
- advice for introverts taking pictures? Practice! Push yourself and your comfort zone. Drink a beer. Maybe get medicated? Hide.
- lenses for smartphones? We don’t have much experience with them but they seem fun.
And one last message from our friend Cas, she has found support from our lovely online community while working through her husbands cancer diagnosis. Much love to you and yours, Cas!
That’s our show! It’s been a great one. The beginning of the show was an April fool’s joke that no one caught. Tune in next week for complementary colors!